Last Update: July 2020
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Text/Email marketing and notifications (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails/messages about checkout reminders, our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Text Marketing and notifications:
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 10 times a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
For text marketing, if you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPBASE
Our store is hosted on Shobase Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopbase’s data storage, databases and the general Shopbase application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopbase stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopbase to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopase_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopbase_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Shine the Light Inquiry. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us as described in the "Contact Information" section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
Online Erasure Request For Minors. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of this site, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please submit a written request to us as described in the "Contact Information" section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a "California Online Erasure" request. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted, and there may be circumstance in which the law does not require or permit removal.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access Request Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, and as required by law, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The right to know (individually) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: We may disclose this information to our service providers, payment processors and financial institutions, and government entities as required by law.
- Commercial information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Professional or employment information: We may disclose this information to our service providers and government entities as required by law.
- Internet or other similar electronic network activity information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Geolocation data: We may disclose this information to our service providers, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Audio, electronic or visual information: We may disclose this information to our service providers and government entities as required by law.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, advertising networks, social networks, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information - California Residents. We may share certain personal information with third parties under circumstances which may be deemed a "sale" under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a California resident, you may request that we exclude your personal information from such sharing arrangements by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.